I just love Easter in the garden! It’s such a great time to catch up on all those gardening jobs you’ve been itching to do but haven’t found the time!
I’ve shows on QVC on Friday, Saturday and then all day Sunday (when we’ve a fab Today’s Special Value offer, but more of this later) but during my time at home I’m planning to:
• Pot up my plug plants into 9cm pots with my multi-purpose compost (it’s great for these young plants). After watering them in, I’ll let them dry out slightly in between subsequent waterings
• Move a couple of plants that are in the wrong place. I’m re-planting with Rootbooster, then will give them a good watering to help settle them into their new positions
• Sow the seeds of Californian poppies, pot marigolds and love-in-a-mist in some gaps in my sunny border. It’s a great way of filling the garden with easy summer colour for under a fiver
• Stake tall growing plants like delphiniums before they grow any taller. The plants will quickly cover the stake and very soon you’ll never know it’s there. For the most natural look, I prefer to use plant spirals rather than bamboo canes
• Beat the weeds, which are growing quickly in the warmer weather. Tougher perennial weeds like ground elder are best treated with my extra fast acting glyphosate free Double Action weedkiller and my power sprayer kit is a great way of applying it
Some of this I’ll be able to do on Easter Monday when there are no gardening shows on QVC. We’re also planning our first barbecue of the season, and it had better not rain!
As I mentioned earlier, we have shows on QVC on Good Friday and Easter Saturday but I’m especially looking forward to Sunday’s offer. It’s taken me two years to put this kit together. My garden health kit contains three special products, all of which are approved for organic gardening, and provide the better way of getting rid of slugs and snails, ants as well as greenfly, caterpillars, lily beetle and lots more pests. It also contains my much-loved precision hand sprayer, the ideal way to apply the pest control liquid.
It’s a cracking kit. For slug and snail control, I’ve included a 1.2kg pack of my best-selling pellets which are made from naturally occurring iron phosphate. Ants are also a huge headache for many gardeners, so to sort them out there’s a 400g pack of my brand new ant control granules, and to control greenfly and many other pests, there’s a 250ml bottle of my pest control concentrate (enough to make 25l of diluted solution). The precision sprayer is the perfect way to apply this, and I especially like using it as the long lance makes it easy to apply to the top as well as the undersides of leaves.
There is an auto-delivery option to buy a top up pack of the three organic products (but excluding the sprayer, which, of course, you don’t need twice!) in 90 days.
It’s going to be a busy, and fun, Easter on QVC. Please join me if you can!
To celebrate my upcoming offer, I’m giving one person the chance to win a selection of items from my range. To enter: simply answer this question
The love apple is the original name for what?
You’ll have to leave your email address but don’t worry, it won’t be published. The competition closes at 11:59pm on Monday 17th April, and one winner will be chosen at random and announced by Friday 21st April. Prize is worth approx. £100 (Winner will be able to select prizes once contacted.)
For more details check the full standard terms and conditions. Good luck!