– Antthony and Ingrid feature in some rib-ticklers for you!
– A Riverboat dinner destination!
– Out in the sunshine with Lovely daughter Lauren and my pogs!
– And a treat if you love Les Miserables! The latest Youtube sensation!
– Plus – DVD review – Water for Elephants.
By the way – what an amazing response to my Red Carpet Manicure competition last week! Over 200 entries so far on here and Twitter! It’s still open, till 4th March, so do go here (click here) to find out more!
Thanks to everyone who’s left a comment to be answered too – I’ll do my best during the next few days when I’m away on a week’s hol! Yes I’m a trooper! With a blooper! See a couple of recent ones below, from some of my favourite people.
Oh how lovely it is to get out and about when the sun finally comes out again!
Captured a wonderful setting sunlight during a crisp dog walk this week, when daughter Lolly came back down for a visit again.
It sets just over a nearby hill and you know how that late evening light can be really warm and glowing – well take a look at the top pic and at the one of Lauren– and thanks to her for being adorable enough to humour her pain in the neck mother and wait whilst I took several shots to get the light behind her head just right.
And then took this one – smashing. They say – well, the man in the local pet food store Wolvens does! – that winter’s returning this coming week – let’s hope it’s not for too long.
Am desperate for some warmth! Hence the trip away couldn’t have come at a better time!
(Ok – no, it was dinner not tea – but the alliteration didn’t quite work! Lol!) Had my first ever static boat supper using a voucher from groupon, so treated my lovely mate LJ Rich for her upcoming birthday!
It was on Gibson’s The Yacht opposite Temple station on the Thames embankment. Now I have mentioned before about loving the whole idea of being on a boat – and proper cruising is still on my list of things I’ve never done!
So we’re getting there – baby steps, but we’re going in the right direction. Except this boat wasn’t going anywhere – not that LJ minded!
LJ’s doing very well – working at BBC Click, for those who ask, and we had a good old catch up. We were nattering away so much I forgot to get a picture of the dinner! But here are a couple of nice ones anyway for you!
It was weird sitting in a restaurant with a vague feeling of things moving about a bit – but nothing too major – the worst thing was the regular sound of chairs moving above – which was actually the hull against the dock. Your body gradually adjusts, so it doesn’t feel so weird!
But when I got back onto dry land again, it took me about ten minutes to stop feeling like I was walking over to the side! Lol! But nothing major, and food was nice enough. Would definitely go again if another voucher came up.
Oh my goodness did we have some laughs on air this week! Two of my favourite guests designers Antthony and Renee were with me in this pic, taken in the guests’ green room last week on Fashion day.
In fact I liked the pic so much that soon after, it became my Facebook profile pic!
And Antthony as usual created a bit of mayhem on air. It was reassuring too, to hear from tons of you afterwards to say how much you enjoyed it!
This is one of several bloopers for you – I will post the other most mentioned one next week, and all I can say is ‘hachi’!
INGRID GETS HER SKIRT IN A TWIST! OMG!
This lady is such a blast to be on air with! As usual last weekend the lovely Ingrid Tarrant gave us some merriment with her quirky ways of accessorising and live outfit changes! Just had to post this blooper – it made us all giggle so much! Sorry Ingrid, but we love you dearly!
Sometimes I think I have too much fun to be paid to go to work and do things like these shows!
– Sisters, sisters! And then I get to be on with my sis! If you ever wondered what I use on my nails most of the time, all was revealed with our second TSV from RCM! Just loved being on air with my kid sister Linda Bignell, our guest for Red Carpet Manicure, on Monday night’s Today’s Special Value. Such a good bargain! Sold out two advanced orders as well! Congrats if you got your long lasting gel manicure home system before they all went! Some people have said we sound so alike, I thought I’d include this little clip of Lin and me – what do you think? Leave me a comment below.
– Paul Percy and Adam Reed were on fine form this weekend too! Had a very fun show with them and thought I’d let you know there is an interesting video guide to some great hairstyles, on QGossip! And if you ever wondered who looks after my blog, meet my new blog lady Sarah, who features in this clip! They were working at the Brits this week too! Talented team!
– Following last week’s focus on opera, I was delighted to see this on facebook – a link to an amazing medley by ‘youtube sensation’ Nick Pitera – just take a listen and then tell me what you think! If you’re a les Miserables lover you’ll either love it or hate it! One of the best Youtube clips I’ve ever seen! Love the ‘celebrity squares’ layout to it and so impressive a voice I’m even prepared to forgive the dodgy cockney accent in the middle! Hehe! I just love these songs…
Thought I’d let those of you who luuuurv him know so you can sign up! If you could choose, whom would you like to have a daily pic of?
I think after last week’s film review, for me it might just have to be Paul Rudd ! (This is 40). His parents came from Surbiton you know!
I know how proud I felt when my semi-autobiographical/weight loss book ‘Till the Fat Lady Slims’ was first published ten years ago, based on the Freedom Eating system from two of our QVC guests.
It’s funny to see a copy every so often appear on Amazon market place – for 99p or so! Hehe! It never went on general release – it was printed by Sahara Publications but for a limited time as a shopping channel product that never made it to air cos the shopping channel in question shut down! (HSE).
I have the soft copy somewhere – would be good to update it to include macrobiotics! Erm.. that is .. when I’ve finished my first novel and found someone to publish that of course! Busy busy busy!
Like this little snippet which caught my eye this week – I looked at that and thought ‘you don’t say!’ Still, the more stuff like this the more chance there is of health professionals looking to food first as ‘cause’, before only focussing on resolution.
– In the run up to Oscar weekend, I was sent this by Mr BOMT – I can’t believe I’d never seen it before! Hugh Jackman’s Oscars opening number from 2009. No wonder he was a shoe-in for the role of Jean Valjean! So watchable and a really impressive dancer too! Who knew! He’s not just a hairy Wolverine face!
Have you got a cat who’s the boss too?
Let me know below – or if you’ve got any ‘funny sleeping places’ pet stories!
I love hearing from you!
WATCH – I’m so useless at getting round to watching rental DVD’s! I’ve had Water For Elephants for blimmin ages! It’s just cos there’s no deadline! Lol! It’s like when I leave answerphone messages – they go on for ages cos noone’s in my ear saying ‘5-4-3-2-1 stop talking!’ Anyway finally I watched it and found it really watchable! I’m not an R Patz lover, but considering he’s a Brit, and I do quite like Reese Witherspoon, and the rest of it was really well done, I quite enjoyed it.
Some fab performances, and set mostly in 1931, with a similar feel to the telling of the story as The Life of Pi has. Pretty good plot, and great cinematography so this love story of a college kid turned circus vet gets a 7.75 out of ten from me. Would have been higher had the plot not been quite so clean and rounded off – bit more torture for these two characters would have been in order! (Can you tell I’ve been working on too many film scripts! Hehe!)
– Ooooo Elemis lovers everywhere! Be prepared for another bargain of the season with this new Today’s Special coming up soon on QVC!
Remember you can always check what hours are called and therefore get an idea of what the midnight bargain will be, on our TV Guide on the home page (click here).
(It’s not that glam, don’t worry!)
Thought I’d mention to watch out for my mate Richard Jackson’s fab Today’s Special Value on Sunday 24th – featuring his famous Flower Power Plant Food!
Don’t miss Laura Geller’s TSV too, on Saturday 23rd.
Have a good week – and watch out next week for a blooper which had the whole green room in stitches on Wednesday night – an old one featuring Charlie. Phil Parker and Akos had tears in their eyes when they watched it! Plus of course my LA Update! And what happened when I have lunch with Antthony. Will we, as he put it, ‘shut down Shutters restaurant!’
Have a fab week! Best wishes Debs X
PS – Do leave me a comment on the blog above!
Twitter- @debbieflint – follow me for updates, secrets and insider info on upcoming bargains!
My QVC facebook page – click ‘like’- https://www.facebook.com/DebbieFlintQvcUk
Or leave a straightforward comment below (your email is kept private your name can be whatever you choose to put) – just post and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!