I must admit, I gave up making resolutions years ago – they just don't work for me – but I do still make new year goals. Here are this year's:
1. (OK, it's obvious) eat better, exercise more, lose weight. I actually love doing all of these, but in winter I find it quite a challenge and there's really no excuse! I've been using the Food Doctor plan intermittently and I even had a consultation with Ian Marber (the Food Doctor himself) who is brilliant! It's a plan that really works, so I just need to stick to it!
2. Go for more walks in the country and by the sea, especially in Dorset.
3. Get to France at least three times this year; one of my best friends has just moved to a beautiful area of France and I really miss him. I know if I'm not organised, a year will go by and I won't have seen him or his house. I must think ahead and plan those trips!
4. Keep developing as a QVC presenter. Well ,it's been over a year now and I'm still learning so much. Thank you for your texts, letters and emails saying how you think I'm doing. I hope I can go from strength to strength for you.
5. Finish my lounge! I renovated my property three years ago and never actually finished the lounge as I ran out of money and motivation. I'm not great at interior design and all my friends have different ideas about what I should do with it; I must crack on and get it done!
6. Start saving for my mum's 60th birthday. I would love to take her, my dad, sister and niece on a lovely holiday to celebrate. She'll turn 60 in January 2010, but unless I start saving now, there's no way I'll be able to do it!
7. Be more organised!
8. Manage my time better.
9. Try not to worry too much.
10. Have more fun! I have lots of fun anyway, but hey, there's always room for more!
What are your new year goals or resolutions? Drop me a reply using the Comments button below!
Happy new year and lots of love,