Hope you've been staying warm and cosy this winter? While the snow and ice storms battled it out here on the East coast of the US, I've been trying to stay in for some quality crafting time!
In fact, I've just finished my latest project – knitting the perfect red scarf for my little dog Lucy (see picture below). Lucy is only three and I think you'll all agree on how cute she looks!
I'm also busy preparing for my next show on QVC at midnight this Friday. This one's going to be extra special since we'll be bringing you our most exciting Today's Special Value – the Punch All Over the Page set of punches from Martha Stewart. Finally, you can punch in the centre of your paper AND use the punched piece as well!
Make sure you tune in to see the amazing creations we've come up with using this handy tool. To leave you with a little crafting inspiration, here are a couple of projects that you can follow, using our Today's Special Value punches – enjoy!
See you all on Friday.
Hearts and Dots 'Punch All Over' card and bag
What you'll need:
Martha Stewart All Over the Page Hearts and Dots punch (part of the Butterfly option in Friday's Today's Special Value set)
Martha Stewart Alphabets punch
Light and dark pink cardstock
Red or pink striped cardstock
Adhesive foam dot
Paper treat bag
How to make a Love Card:
1. Cut a piece of pink cardstock to 17.8cm x 30.5cm (7" x 12") then score and fold in half for a 17.8cm x 15.2cm (7" x 6") finished card.
2. Unfold the card and use the Heart and Dots All Over punch to create hearts on the front of the card as shown above, starting with the centre heart.
3. Prior to using the punch, it may be helpful to draw some guidelines on the back of the cardstock. When using the punch, align the corners of the punch so that the magnets snap together properly.
4. Punch the letters 'l-o-v-e' from light pink cardstock, using the Alphabet punch and punch four hearts from red cardstock.
5. Adhere the letters to one of the red punched hearts with glue, as shown in the above picture and use adhesive foam dots to adhere the four red hearts to the front of the card. Cut a piece of the striped paper to fit inside the card and adhere with glue or double-sided tape.
How to make a treat bag:
1. Slide the base of the punch into the treat bag and hold it in a centred position to the front of the bag.
2. Attach the front of the punch to the base from the outside of the treat bag and punch.