Ship ahoy! Catherine's floating 40th!
What a lovely evening it was last Wednesday for a riverboat birthday do! Catherine's 40th was a very special occasion indeed, featuring many familiar faces.
Both presenters and guests, as well as lots of behind-the-scenes crew, plus her family and friends, gathered on Westminster Pier, as well as Chrissie (Catherine's daughter), whose 18th it was too – so the boat trip was half teenagers and half banging music! Lol.
Other guests included Hannah Grey, Lee Hohbein, Gill Gauntlett and Mat Trim from our hi-tech department and many others, and a good time was had by all! I never knew Hannah could 'ceroc' so well! Are you any good at dancing? I'd love to learn ceroc! I would have loved to have learned Lindy Hopping, but since it involves quite a bit of being chucked about by the guy, I'd have to lose three stone or else find a very strong guy! Lol.
If you have any tips about the best type of dancing to learn for a beginner, do leave me a comment below! Anyway it was a fun night and made all the better by seeing London from the river – including Tower Bridge with the Olympic rings still hanging below. Happy 40th to Catherine! If you'd like to wish her a happy birthday, do go onto her blog and leave her a comment!
The pogs meet puppy Baloo
My lovely daughter Lolly visited this week, along with her boyfriend Nick and little Baloo! Her puppy (my 'grandpog' as some people have called her! Hehe!) had good fun playing with my four Labradors – it was a joy to watch.
This is just one clip from her many minutes of gambolling around the garden with Gracie and Daisy. Patch wasn't really bothered, and Holly just took one sniff and toddled off indoors. Typical! But she's such an adorable little pup it didn't take long for my two choccie labs to take to her. And those little ears are soooo soft! Bless her.
Hope they come back again soon! Lauren lives in Bath, but at least it's do-able in a day!
– A funny on air this week – when Ouida from Ronni Nicole described a part of a skirt as a 'flange'. I'm SURE I don't know why I was smirking! But a couple of you sent me Facebook messages after about it – glad it wasn't only me seeing the funny side! Did you? I blame the 'Inbetweeners' myself! Hehe! By the way – a very funny blooper from Ouida in the same show – if I can get it I will post in on next week's blog!
– Also had a right laugh with Marie Francoise in the Kipling show too – did you see any of it? Or Dale with Sooty, Sweep and Sue? Or another blooper – Gill Gauntlett told me she'd tripped a little down the stairs as she was selling the mesh curtains with a tray in her hands! I'll try to find that one too – did you see it?
And did you see any other funnies on air? Let me know each week your favourite funny QVC moments, 'cos, hot gossip – top secret news – I'm going to be doing a regular Saturday night gifts show and maybe they'll let me show a blooper on air each week! I'll be alternating with Dale presenting it in the run up till Christmas. What else do you think we should have on the show? Let me know by leaving a comment below!
– Marlene moment – as promised, here's the recipe for the coconut cookies – macrobiotic of course! This one isn't in the book by my healthy eating guru Marlene Watson-Tara, but lots of other inspirational low GI ones are. Next week I'll post the muffins recipe! (see bake-off below!)
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats or barley flour
- 1 1/2 cups of spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of dried coconut
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of sunflower oil
- 1 cup of rice syrup
1. Preheat the oven 160C.
2. Put the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
3. Blend the wet ingredients together and then fold in the dry ingredients. Leave to sit for about 15 minutes.
4. Place heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture on to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. For larger cookies, use a heaped tablespoon of the mixture. Leave a few inches space between each to allow the biscuits to spread during baking.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp around the edges.
– Facebook funny – is this contentment personified or what?! This pic from Michelle Roberts this week on Facebook – I replied, 'I had a dog who did that once… in fact, I did that once!' Have you had a pet who fell asleep in unusual positions? Let me know by leaving a comment below!
WATCH – no film reviews this week, instead it's time to vote! Please put your voting fingers to good use and click on our online presenter bake-off! Decide whose you like most and give them a vote on this QGossip blog post!
Then tune in to our new show, 'The Baking Boutique', at 5pm on Sunday 26th August to see the result. It was great fun in the QVC kitchen, and may the best presenter win! For more info on my entry, don't forget to read my recent blog post.
QVC – well there's lots to look forward to in the next week or so – including a super weekend of beauty with Gatineau's next Today's Special Value on Sunday (including the new AOX serum!) plus the return of Lesley Ebbett's sell out show 'With Sleeves' on Sunday at 8pm with me.
And Ken Paves is back with his wonderful hair designs – been using my 'Style a Do' a lot in the recent hot weather! Plus watch out for Antthony! He's back – hooray! We love his designs! In selected shows on Sunday and Monday! Join me at 11pm both nights.
And finally, Monday's also when you'll finally see the Honora Pearls bracelet we've all been wearing, with the delectable Ralph.
Have a great week, and don't forget to leave me a comment below – especially if you never usually do!