This week –
- ‘Till the Fat Lady Slims 2.0′, my semi autobiographical weight loss book ON AIR – 9pm on 26th
- Final ‘Back to You’ show also features fab new Ego conditioning tool, a hit at the QVC Beauty Bash!
- Beauty Bash Snippets Special – lots of pics from our annual exhibition
- And sneaky peeks of Kipling TSV, Women With Control TSV and Laura Geller OTO deals!
STOP PRESS – new blog : if you can’t lose weight, read this. All of the initial order has already been allocated! But the Advanced Order is set for w/c 16th February, which is great news – another 1000 waiting to be allocated to those who order it next! Only 3000 total have been printed of this version.
Yesterday (Thursday) I was asked to post a special TTFLS blog, since the QVC home page will soon be featuring my book ahead of its first official airing on Monday 26th January at 9pm, on the final Back to You show of this run. Also read about the marathon signing session at the warehouse with mum and sis and see amazing before and after pics, including of me from the late 90’s. Click here to find out about Till the Fat Lady Slims 2.0 – the ‘When’ Diet and how to read a free sample. (just £10 incl p&p and already nearly 500 have gone of the total 3000 printed, via advanced waitlist.) If you’d like to buy it straight away without reading more about it, it’s here, item 704285, and I look forward to bringing you my first ever QVC item in full on Monday at 9pm.
Beauty Bash Bonanza This week I was lucky enough to come meet hundreds and hundreds of our lovely customers, at four of the five sessions at the annual Beauty Bash. It’s our regular thank you to some of our biggest beauty fans, where big brands and upcoming new brands can showcase their ranges. Many of them will be featuring on this weekend’s big Beauty Weekend – see below for some highlights.
Around 1000 customers were able to buy tickets when they went on sale for a couple of days on our website in early December. It was lovely – see below for Beauty Bash Snippets Special! And thank you so much to everyone for such lovely feedback and positive energy – it was fabulous meeting you, one and all. Even my twinnie in Together top! Lol!
What did you think? Leave me a comment below if you’d like to pass on a message to the lovely marketing department and organisers. I’ll let them know to take a look!
Competition next week! Look out for next week’s blog and a fabulous new competition featuring a top brand re-launching with a new guest soon, plus a copy of the ‘Till the Fat Lady Slims’, signed just for you. Whoop!
LULU SHOUTS ABOUT IT
One of the funniest moments of the ‘bash’ was Ali Young trying to do Lulu’s ‘weeeeeell’ chorus from ‘Shout.’ On the microphone! Twice. Lulu put her right and got everyone to join in too. That was fun! Was also thrilled when several people told me that at one point, lovely Lu was going on about how intelligent Debbie Flint is, member of Mensa, and so on. No idea why but bless her – if you know why, let me know! And here’s her fab range on QVC including a brilliant bargain including her amazing volumizing shampoo which I love. Click here. Lulu attended nearly every session, meeting lots of lovely customers – and us!
UNLIKELY CAREER MOVES – Question of the Week
A lovely lady, commented that she thought it was funny how I’d ended up on shopping telly given that I’d got a degree in Economics, Accounting and Finance at LSE. It’s weird ‘cos when I was in my twenties and working at Piccadilly Radio in Manchester behind the scenes as an assistant, I often had people react with extreme surprise, sometimes shock, when they heard I had 15 GCSE’s and 5 A’Levels. The south London accent didn’t help maybe? Lol. Thing is, Timmy Mallett whom I worked with, was an Oxford graduate, and one of the sharpest men I’d met. And he worked in kids’ telly with a giant mallet and now makes a living painting. So yes, it’s funny what you end up doing, eventually, right? So here’s the question of the week – what did you train for, compared to what you do now?
Frow Back Friday – Couldn’t find one of me at Piccadilly Radio in the mid 80s so this was just after! In the CBBC broom cupboard, with Philip – see what I mean about the hair!?
‘BACK TO YOU’ UPDATE
Beauty themed Back to You (19th) – It was a fab show last week, packed full of big brand beauty appropriately, and to mark the upcoming Beauty Weekend. Tons of great deals and a one minute challenge featuring me trying to bounce up and down whilst talking!
Full show can be watched again here
And my weekly blog on my website about Back to You topics features –
- Pilates webchat with Marjolein plus Christianne’s webchat too about her sell out book and why TTFLS can be used alongside it if you just can’t diet despite best intentions. Do try getting her fabulous Body Rescue Plan anyway, if you fancy it, plus TTFLS as a diet rescue!
- The sweetcorn colon test!
- Overcoming your inner demons. And links to other groups for more support and banter!
Go here to read all this on my Back to You blog on my website and catch up on the webchats including one from Bruce Bodyblade too.
BEAUTY BASH SNIPPETS SPECIAL
Here are a selection of some of the great pics we took on the day – with some of you guys and with guest and colleagues. What a great time was had by all! Do note that as and when tickets go on sale again next year I WILL warn you about it in my blog. If you think you might forget, how about this…
Email Newsletter – This is the link I mentioned to many of you who don’t ‘do’ social media, but would love to get news about my antics and books and things coming up. Just click on the link below and when the pop-up message happens, you can just fill in your email address and submit. Then you MUST kindly remember to please confirm afterwards once you get the email asking if the email address is correct. This is the only way you will get an email to my website newsletters. If you get one – like the one last week with ‘as promised’ as a title, it means you did it right! Happily no one can accidentally join your email address for you, as only you can confirm you want to receive my newsletters. You’ll be joining over 2700 others there, thanks to you all for being interesting and caring about me and my life!
Click here to get email newsletter from my site – you’ll also have access to other info eg writing, QVC blog links, TTFLS stories etc. And links to all the Facebook groups if you want them. Plus on the home page, that ‘how to use Twitter’ basic guide I talked to many of you about, as well as the Bodyblade Beach Super6 routine too, and a whole lot more! It’d be a pleasure to welcome you to the gang!
Enjoy these pics from the Beauty Bash 2015.
I hope you all enjoyed it! Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your thoughts and thanks for the lovely marketing team!
A hug a day… – well this all makes sense to me! What about you? I always feel a release of stress and tension during a hug with people like my daughter Lauren – it’s some sort of intangible connection that means my cells in my body unwind all at once. She’s moved out now, so I will have to hug a pog instead, lol!
Watch – Saving Mr Banks – a delightful film is on Sky Movies atm, Disney HD, following the biopic about Walt Disney and the making of Mary Poppins. It’s a wonderful film featuring yet another stellar performance from lovely Emma Thomson, one of my all-time favourite actresses. Do catch it – for free! – if you can! I gave it 8.75 out of ten.
Proud – who needs a man! Guess what? I fixed my own washing machine this week! I know it’s not much, but to me, it was quite an achievement. I’m pretty good at DIY but for electrical stuff, I’d normally call someone in for. Yes it was a bit of plastic wrapping in the filter, but the woman on the phone told me what to do and I did it! Very pleased with myself, and so was my wet washing!
Dating Dipstick Got to tell you, sadly there’s some complete nincompoop out there impersonating me on a dating site – again. Some offshoot of dating.com apparently. NO IT’S NOT ME. They have unfortunately started sending emails trying to get people to pay money for a date with me. How absolutely ludicrous an idea. If any of you get any emails, I’d love you to forward them on to me as it will be with the fraud squad since this has taken such a sinister twist. Some people eh? You get all sorts on the internet, and this puts silly trolls into perspective doesn’t it. Hope no one is taken in – it’s not nice when well meaning people are taken in, and it’s happened once too often lately on social media. If anyone tells you something that sounds suspect, use the old adage – seek first to understand. And ask me if it’s true. firstname.lastname@example.org
Book of the Week – I’m currently working my way through 40 hours of book 5 in the Outlander series from Diana Gabaldon – Fiery Cross sees time traveller, Claire, make a life with Scottish chieftain Jamie in 1700’s USA – it’s fabulous! And very well narrated (it’s on audible here.) Any of you been reading any of this series? Let me know below.
Read it Write it Sell it blog – my weekly look at all things book moves monthly –
- Advice about how to self-publish and courses you can go on
- News from the world of writing and publishing.
- Go here on my website for all this on RiWiSi.
Choc Lit Update I got back the final draft of Hawaiian Affair ready for proofing this week – for my publisher Choc Lit – it was my first steamy romance to be taken by a UK publisher. That’s it then, once it goes back – no more from me! Then it’s all about the brand new title. I wonder what the choices will be?! Will keep you informed. I was talking to Jackie about all this lately as she’s also waiting for her editor’s first revisions for her publishing deal – she’s fab. Exciting times.
Shhhh! Antthony is back! Don’t miss his shows from Fri 30th incl Sat 31st, 11pm with me including a one-show only type bargain! And if you need a new coat, my three hour ‘Big Freeze Fashion show‘ is on at 9pm- midnight on 28th will have an OTO every hour, just like the gems show last week.
Highlights for This Week –
- It’s Beauty Weekend! Tons of amazing deals, including Today’s Special Value on Saturday 24th all day, which is from Revitalash plus a wonderful Liz Earle OTO 11pm with Catherine (24th.)
- And on Saturday at midnight, join me for the Tria Laser Hair Removal Device for laser precision. AND an OTO from Elemis with me at 11pm (25th.)
- OPI #50ShadesOfGrey – the amaaazzing value set (207810) incl a the red shade (I’ve been wearing it all this week) , three shades of grey (hehe) plus two Nail Envy polishes, to mark the movie of the hit book being launched on Valentine’s Day.
- Sunday night – TSV is this wonderful Kipling bag, called the Cayleen. Join Marie Francoise all day Monday too!
- Monday night – don’t forget the final Back to You with Ego – an amazing new conditioning tool – I kept sending people over to see Kala at the Beauty Bash particularly to see the amazing close up demo that will blow you away – don’t miss it 9pm as a One Time Only! Plus the one minute challenge will be on the Spin Gym, and Carla Lazlo will be here with the new Skinny T’s – long length smoothing vest tops, I’ve been living in them to add extra warmth and cover my bottom! All in the final Back to You show! And if you want a way of making healthy soups etc, the Nutri Ninja TSV I previewed last week will be on afterwards at midnight.
- PS remember 500 of the limited run of 3000 of my ‘Till the Fat Lady Slims 2.0′ book has already gone on advanced waitlist, so don’t miss it airing in the 9pm B2U show too!
- Comfy trousers brigade, join me Tuesday night at midnight for the launch of the new Women With Control trouser duo with funny Donna Coulling, always enjoy her hours. She’s a celebrity PA did you know! Find out more on her website here.
Blooper#1 – Two fab funnies! First, Charlie made an unexpected appearance on the gems show on Wed when I stood in for Dale who was poorly. Three hours is a long time on air, after all…
Blooper#2 – had to include this one – Craigy getting all giggly in bed with Sam!
Facebook Funny – thanks to my brother Del-Boy for this one – funneeeeee! Good one.
Reminder – Question of the week – I have a question for you – as above – what did you train for, compared to what you do now? Any completely different career twists to tell us about!?
Next Week – Glenn my little baby bruvva is 40 – big celebrations! And the final Back to You show – on 26th at 9pm – do join me live if you can! Plus new beauty competition.
So do feel free to join us on the groups-
www.debbieflint.com – sign up for newsletter. Writing, Back to You weekly Blog, TTFLS tab etc
To read PREVIOUS QVC blogs go here
To find out more about Debbie Flint go here
TO COMMENT on this blog
Just go to comments, below– write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), press post, and there you go! Easy!
TO KEEP IN TOUCH:
@debbieflint – follow me for behind the scenes updates & sneaky peeks of upcoming bargains
– My QVC Facebook page – click ‘like’- or friend me on my personal one.
– ‘Back to You QVC Facebook open group’ is here, just ping a request to join and visit every Monday 8-9pm for live chat. Allied to my regular show Back to You show on QVC – returns January 2015.
Or email me email@example.com if you don’t use Twitter or Facebook.
MY WEBSITE & BOOKS
Newsletter – Sign up on my own website for regular email newsletters including freebies, comps, and LATEST NEWS about my novels – www.debbieflint.co.uk
Books- to find out about my fiction and non fiction book and where to get it go here.
‘STOP PRESS – new book now on QVC – item 704285, Till the Fat Lady Slims 2.0 (2015), incl exclusive bonus content, hardback and signed, limited to 3000 produced. Order online now, deliv end January.
Find out more in the special blog being promoted by QVC home page here.