If you're looking for a skincare range that suits your age rather than your skin type, then ARK Skincare may just be your saving grace. It launches on QVC on Monday 6th September, but we caught up with the guest expert Shula Starkey to find out more…
What is different about ARK skincare range?
ARK Age Aware Skincare treats the skin in a different way to other brands – by age rather than by skin type. We look at the physiological and environmental changes that your skin undergoes as time passes, and aim to tackle the signs of ageing and keep you looking healthier for longer.
So we have three age-related product lines:
- Age Prepare (late teens to early 30s)
- Age Maintain (mid 30s to 50s)
- Age Repair (50s and beyond)
What types of product can we expect from the range?
We have four core products in each line: a cleanser, moisturiser, exfoliator and masque. We recommend using the cleanser and moisturiser daily, the exfoliator every two to three days and the masque weekly or as required. Fundamentally this is all you need.
From time to time, however, you will have skin concerns caused by factors in the ageing process or external factors such as the weather, stress, environment, sleep etc. So we also have a range of eight Skin Response Serums which can be used directly on the skin under the moisturiser or mixed in with the moisturiser and/or masque morning and evening. The serums were developed to target the top eight skin concerns as voted by ARK customers:
- Fine lines, tightness (Hydrating Skin Response Serum)
- Breakouts, congestion, shine (Clearing Skin Response Serum)
- Sensitive, inflamed skin (De-stress Skin Response Serum)
- Wrinkles, premature ageing (Firming Skin Response Serum)
- Dull, tired-looking (Radiance Skin Response Serum)
- Texture (Phytohormone Skin Response Serum)
- Environmental damage, sun damage, inflammation (Antioxidant Skin Response Serum)
- Inflammation, eczema, rosacea (Anti-redness Skin Response Serum)
The serums contain six to eight weeks of use. It is up to you how much or how little you use based on what you feel your skin needs. We normally say around three drops but, if your skin is excessively dry due to dehydration, we would recommend double that or more of the Hydrating Skin Response Serum.
Visit QVCUK.com and tune in on Monday 6th September for a full introduction to the range.