As QVC is a leading and trusted beauty retailer, we have been researching and found that peeling offers an opportunity for an improved skin resurfacing and anti-ageing result that can take your skin to the next level, and that the majority of customers have not experienced this potential result yet on their skin. As Alpha-H is one of the UK’s leading and most popular peel and resurfacing brands, it is great to be able to have their new specialist Beauty Sleep Power Peel as the Beauty Pick of the Month for April.
For me, as a skin expert, what I like about this product is that it delivers a peel’s glycolic acid and retinol anti-ageing effect, but unlike many other peel products (or even in comparison to Alpha-H Liquid Gold) it delivers it in a more comforting night cream-type texture. It includes shea and mango butter, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, panthanol and allantoin, hylaluronate and aloe, which gives a moisturised and texturally comfortable feeling to the skin whilst delivering a powerful burst of glycolic acid and retinol.
I think this is much easier for many of us to slot into our routine twice a week, as you just replace your normal night cream with this product. If you are using any serums you can put them underneath, let them sink in for a minute, apply your eye cream if you use one, and then massage this onto the skin and apply as if it were a night cream.
It has a lovely, rich, easy-to-apply texture that goes all over the face and neck, but avoid the eyes. You may get a tingling or a hot/cold feeling on the skin, almost like a firming or lifting-type product, for 5-10 mins or even as much as half an hour, especially if you have not used this level of product before. Certainly when I tested it, this feeling is proof of the activity and gives you an exciting feeling to look forward to waking up and seeing results in the morning. Even on only 3 – 4 hours’ sleep, I woke up with a much smoother, fresher skin which is also brilliant for make-up application.
- Do a test patch behind your ear for 24 hours, especially as this is a new, potent product
- Don’t apply around the eye area or over the lips
- Don’t use on open or broken skin
- Allergic or very sensitive skin should not use this product as it is very active and potent
- Age resistant skin will love it
- Don’t use with any other exfoliation at least for the first two weeks and then depending upon your skin. i.e.: if extremely dry and you normally use an exfoliant several times a week, you can slot it back in but less often. As with any peels and retinol products of this activity, do not use after sun exposure.
- Brilliant for the night before ‘a-bit-make-up days’ as foundations will definitely look smoother and it helps to take out the look of irregularities which show up with complexion products
- It’s perfect if you have a dull, sallow or ashy tone to your complexion to really brighten and freshen up the look of the skin overnight
- It’s suitable for all ethnicities and skin tones
Men will especially love it if they want to have a more perfected, fresher look to their complexion as it is easy to massage over stubble or to shape around beards etc. – but do not use directly after shaving!