STOP PRESS – don’t forget Friday (7th) is Jewellery Day on QVC! Including one of our faves, Ralph from Honora at 8pm! Our hours may be changing a little due to sickness – get well soon Craigy and Chloe! But I’ll be on for some of it. Check out our TV Guide to see your fave shows and hope the Bibi Bijoux TSV has not sold out by evening time!
ANTTHONY BACK ON AIR – FAB FUN FASHIONS WITH ONE OF OUR FAVOURITE GUESTS
One of my highlights of this week happened last night (6th) with my 6pm show featuring one of our favourite guests and all round top guy, Antthony Mark Hankins. He was on fine form. I loved this top, which I wore in the blue multi and which sold really fast! (See top pic, so worth going on waitlist for).
He and I went off for a good old two-hour catch up after, including discussing when I can take a trip out to LA. Haven’t been since this time last year, I realised, and we’ve changed the date a couple of times due to clashing schedules. Maybe it’ll be Easter time.
Hope so – I love it out there – he’s so sensible to live in seventy degree year round warmth, don’t you think? I like our diversity – after all, what would us Brits have to talk about if we had consistent weather?! But I do hanker after a couple of months each year living in LA and writing movies – ahhh one day! (In fact, if you follow my Read it Write it Sell it, see below for info about selling film rights to your novels!)
Anyway it was another fun show, as all his shows were this visit. He’s back at the end of March and till then, keep in touch with him on Twitter @Antthony, or find his group of Antthony’s Angels on Facebook. Here’s a funny moment from my show with the lovely lovely man. Miss him already!
And do see the QVC – BLOOPER section below, for a couple of other humorous highlights from this week on air – there have been several, featuring Craigy and mash, Glenn Campbell and romance, and a measurements problem for Heidi from Lori Grenier Designs! Hehe!
HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY JILLY (AND ME, KINDA!)
This month, fellow presenter Jilly Halliday and I mark 20 years since we began at QVC. We started on the same day, along with Dave Bradford (remember him?) and whilst I stayed for 6 years and then went on my travels, Jilly has endured and celebrates her 20th anniversary this month! I’ve been back FIVE years this September – how time flies!
So Happy Anni Jilly! Do go leave her a message on her blog to mark the occasion!
BACK TO YOU UPDATE – THE BREAK THE HABIT CHALLENGE
Well, the healthy eating and extra exercise over the past month or so has been paying off, and this week I couldn’t resist getting on the scales when I went to see my fab chiropractor Richard at Balanced Chiropractic in Dorking High St and guess what?! Have lost half a stone so far!
If you are remotely interested in my before picture (bikini alert!) do go here to last week’s Back to You blog on my own website. There you will also read all about the brand new health push we’ve launched, with the aim of continuing the momentum through Spring and early Summer – the Break the Habit Challenge.
Here’s one of my before pics in a long vest top – then in June, we’ll see the ‘after’. Would you be brave enough to share yours?
Break the Habit. Following the success of the ‘Back to You’ shows on QVC in January, and the big sister Facebook group, it seems my ‘sharing’ has inspired lots of people on Facebook to want to do the same, and reveal all (well, not quite all, but you get what I mean!) But – importantly – they requested to do it in a new closed group.
So we’ve created one! Yes, since several people wanted to bravely post their own pics and experiences, we’ve set up a CLOSED group called ‘Break the Habit – BTU’. Just click here or search that phrase, then ping a request to join (members only, can see what’s written). Then, come June, we can all compare our experiences as successful participants of the Break the Habit Challenge will all be invited along to my launch party for my third novel (novel info is all to be found below). Join up anytime – it’s never too late!
Health Slot – Obligatory Oils
Lots of debates online this week about the need for fish oils, and what proportions to use. I’ve loved learning about them over the years, it’s one of my pet subjects, and so much can be helped by taking enough omega 3. (EPA and DHA).
So here’s a lovely little easy to understand explanation from the Queen of Omega 3, Dr Alex Richardson from Oxford university, a lady I have the utmost respect for, whom I interviewed when I was working in the health industry when I was away from QVC. Go here to find out more!
On debbieflint.com –
Over on my own website Back to You page this Monday, stand by for the next update! Including a wonderful new guru I’ve found called Dr John Briffa, and his fab book ‘Escape the Diet Trap,’ plus his response to the slightly dodgy science in the Horizon ‘Fat vs Sugar’ show.
Plus there are hints and tips from others, on a special Back to You blog page and four weeks’ worth of updates for you to look back on from January, including links to all the shows. That’s on www.debbieflint.co.uk where I’ll write a new post each Monday for the B2U gang!
Keep in touch. If you’re not doing the challenge, do still join ‘Back to You QVC’ group, on Facebook now with over 680 members – we’re a very supportive bunch, and you’ll be in good company!
Still to come… Craigy and Simon’s mash mix up… and super sneaky peeks!!
READ IT WRITE IT SELL IT
RiWiSi – my weekly look at all things book!
Book of the Week
I make no excuses, it’s another Jack Reacher book this week – well, I’ve been loving my car journeys with a narrator reading me a story – time flies by and it makes all those jams and driving rain seem not so vile!
Anyway, it’s ‘Nothing to Lose’ – or Jack Reacher 12 – by Lee Child. This one was just as enjoyably read by Jeff Harding, as usual. The story as ever, involves a relationship with a key transient female, a murder and Reacher beating the heck out of the bad guys – yay! I think that’s one of the things I love about Lee Child’s ex-military cop hero – he plays it by his rules, no one else’s, and once the clever conflict is set up, you know you’re going to get a pay off soon after. Just what I look for in a novel!
So this one, about a weird secret compound in a town called ‘Despair’, gets a solid 8.25. Highly recommended.
Freebies next week!
To mark the special day that is Valentine’s Day, I’m going to release two free stories for you next week! Don’t miss them! More news on my RiWiSi page on my website! But they’ll have a Valentine’s theme and a steamy theme… The countdown to next Friday begins!
Writing a book?
And if you are a writer, make sure you check my regular Friday writing blog – RiWiSi-Go-Large. Read more on my own website, www.debbieflint.co.uk, including, for self-publishers – selling your story to Hollywood, beginner’s guide to writing for children, and I need your feedback:
What do you think of the layout of the new cover for my ‘steamy extra chapter’ from Hawaiian Escape – to read RiWiSi-Go-Large, go here!
- Click Free Returns on Wed 12th with lovely Lee Hohbein – who now calls me his ‘telly wife’ – hehe! Hope it lasts till our 10pm show! Good timing as I just bought myself a new Mac – am gonna ask him how it can transfer everything from a PC.
- Not a Lot of People Know This DID YOU KNOW that when you search for your favourite brand in the ‘search’ box at the top of our website, the most recent items seen on air come up at the top? Means if you missed the item number for a recent show, you’re likely to find it amongst the top few lines or so! Superb idea! Give it a try next time you can’t remember an item number.
- BLOOPER – Craigy and Simon Brown making mischief with mash, and a double entendre of the measurements kind with Heidi on the Lori Grenier innovations show are this week’s funny bloopers! If you spot one, do let me know!
- Singer Saying I love all things vintage. This from 1949, reminds us emancipated women of a time when a lady's lot was altogether a smaller world, and a home was a castle, and a woman was a domestic goddess. Or slave – whichever way you choose to look at it.
Nb I feel the same about my writing – if everything is in order, I write better! But I'd never have thought sewing was the same!
Is that you too? If so, do leave a comment below!
- Heart Melter! How cute is this! Just had to include this amazingly endearing little video of what looks like a husky pup trying to howl. Bless! Rest of the litter probably howling in the other room too! So reminds me of when my dogs had their pups – lovely times.
[Having trouble viewing this video? See YouTube's Help page]
- Sam and Mark Show Requests the Flint Factor As I mentioned last week, I had an interesting package delivered to me last week. The CBBC team keep in touch with me from time to time (I was the first girl in the Children’s BBC broom cupboard, standing in for Phillip Schofield in 1986) and at the end of last year they requested my help with… a fun wind-up on their new series of CBBC show ‘Sam and Mark’s Big Friday Wind Up’.
The package was a DVD of my clip and it’s come out quite well! It’s on at the end of Feb – I’ll keep you informed when. It’s quite exciting and will be my first ‘appearance’ on CBBC since the tenth reunion in 1995!
- Purrfect Happy Ending for Pirate News from our Tripawd pussy cat and after the successful op to remove the remains of his troublesome little stump, he’s now been adopted permanently by his foster family.
Despite being frustrated at not being able to pick at his stitches, he’s doing very well post-op and is future is rosy. Hooray for happy endings!
- Facebook is Ten – Your Facebook Film To celebrate ten years of Facebook, they’ve created a clever link to a neat little video of your most popular pics and posts from your time on the famous social media site. I shared mine – very cool it was too!
Here is the link to put in at the top of your browser whilst you’re logged into facebook, if you’d like to see yours.
WATCH – Had a couple of trips to the cinema this week – needed it, so much to see! First is ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ which I saw with my pal Kerena.
Leonardo does not disappoint, and if you give yourself up to the ludicrousness of some parts of it, remembering that it’s based on the true story and not totally accurately portrayed, you’ll probably love it. Fave part, when he’s crawling across the floor trying to get to his mate.
Great performances, just loses a bit for being over long (3 hours!!?) 8.25 out of ten. Watch the trailer (and see a cool ad for the new Dominic Cooper TV series ‘Fleming’ at the start).
'Gravity' was the second film I saw this weekend with mummy. We loved it, albeit very far fetched. It had fab acting, great filmography, it’s really very well done, this lost in space story. BUT couple of major major plot holes (those ‘that so wouldn’t happen’ moments) so it too loses a bit.
My litmus test of ‘would I see it again’ is definitely no, so it gets an 8 for me, salvaged by Sandra Bullock’s amazing acting skills – you can see why it’s nominated for 11 BAFTA awards. Don’t expect to see much of gorgeous George Clooney though and what you do see is very two dimensional. I prefer the 3D version myself! lol
NEXT WEEK – FREEBIE EBOOKS… time to re-issue one from my existing library, and to launch a new one, in time for Valentine’s Day. Which I’ll be on air for! Have to do something wonderful in between then, to make up for not celebrating it the traditional way (again! :-0 ) this year! Got any suggestions…? And news of this Saturday’s ‘how to market your novel’ course in London. Yay!
Have a great week!
*TiFFT = Try it for The First Time club! Shhhh – watch out for big news about TiFFT’s when Back to You is over!
To read PREVIOUS QVC blogs go here
To keep in touch:
TWITTER: @debbieflint - follow me for behind the scenes updates & sneaky peeks of upcoming bargains
- My QVC facebook page - click ‘like’- or friend me on my personal one.
- QVC Facebook ‘Back to You Group’ is here
- Or leave a straightforward comment below – just write your comment, leave your name and your email (kept private), post and there you go! Easy! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Debbie’s Books on Amazon –
Hawaiian Escape, the prequel is also available on Amazon in eBook or paperback.
Till the Fat Lady Slims is my 2002 weight loss book all about eating like slim people do, following Food Freedom technique.
The Valentine’s Surprise is a short story proving it’s never too late to find your Sir Galahad! eBook only.