My winter make-up bag is normally packed, but my summer make-up bag lightens up, not least because on hot days you do not want to be carrying heavy bags, but also sunlight changes the way that your skin appears and you cannot wear such heavy make-up, nor do you want to.
My summer make-up bag, (or emergency horsebox or car products!) consists of the following must-owns.
1. ‘Ultrasun’:- although I will have always applied this first thing in the morning, there is always an emergency factor 30 or 50 face and body formula in one size or another, that can be used to top up nose, ears, back of neck or, if the day gets hotter and you start to strip off then areas such as arms and legs.
2. Tea Tree Oil:- I have to carry a small bottle of tea tree as I am adored by midges and biting insects. I always apply this pure oil to pulse points and behind my ears and this really does save me from being eaten alive. I am looking forward to the new tea tree wipes in smaller packs that are coming this summer as they will be fantastic to carry around and use, not just as insect repellent but as anti-septic and cleansing body wipes.
3. Complexion:- I find the easiest make-up to travel round with for quick touch ups or to dull down shine is either the Laura Geller ‘Balance and Brighten’ or my ‘Bella Pierre’. These are both in a compact and depending on how much you put on, can give a quick dusting to take off shine, through to a decent layer if you need a quick make-up fix especially in hot weather, and as they are a creamy powder texture they don’t separate on the skin.
4. Lips:- I always carry with me my Gail Hayman ‘Lip Lift’ which prevents dryness (essential when out on the farm or with the dogs) as well as several lip glosses dotted around my pockets, kitchen, tack room and car because along with a baseball cap and sun glasses, lip gloss is an essential to look human. I’m currently loving, as always, my bareMinerals Moxie as it’s also incredibly moisturising.
5. Eyes – Mascara is a daily essential for me. At home I will wear my Ojon for conditioning or my biggest repeat purchase one is still bareMinerals Flawless Definition as I can put a quick coat on for the stables, then it's easy with the fab skinny brush to build up to a work look later in the day.
Visit the summer beauty shop for more on your summer beauty bag essentials.