Gutter clearing (yay!!), planing sticking doors, clearing out the loft, clearing up leaves, new inner tube for my bike, new chain on Jack's bike and lots of dog walking – oh the life of a Shopping Channel presenter! And you thought it was all glam parties and champagne!
I like to look at it this way, if I paid others to do all of these jobs, how would I be able to relate to many of the wonderful gadgets and household helpers we sell on the Q?
We did have a painter in last week to do the gloss work in the house. Yes, I can paint, but a) he did a wonderful professional job, and b) gloss paint makes my voice go! Aaaahhhh! It's true – I can hear one or two of you now thinking it's a shame they don't gloss paint during Dale's shows!
Anyway, the house looks much better for all these boring little jobs, now I'm just off to take Toby for his audition for 'Little Red Riding Hood' – just kidding, but blame Ali my daughter for this photo – look at his eyes!!
Last week, whilst I was working on-air with lovely Tracey Lautch she made me a frozen cheesecake and I said if she sent me the recipe I'd put it on my blog – well she did and so here it is! Thanks Tracey x
White chocolate and berry cheesecake – serves 8
300g white chocolate
600g Philadelphia cream cheese
284ml double cream
1 x jar raspberry jam
85g Amaretti biscuits
200g strawberries or mixed frozen fruit for the topping
1. Oil and line loaf tin with clingfilm.
2. Melt the white chocolate – either in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds, or in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water (making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water). Let it cool slightly.
3. Whisk the cream cheese, cream and sugar together, then stir in cooled white chocolate until well combined.
4. In a second bowl mix half the raspberries with 4 tablespoons of jam.
5. Spoon half the cheese mixture into the loaf pan, then top with jammy raspberries down the middle. Top with rest of the cheese mix, level it out then press in thew Amaretti biscuits.
6. Cover and freeze overnight or if you prefer it not frozen then chill for 6 hours or overnight.
7. For the topping – warm the strawberries/frozen fruit in a pan with 3-4 tablespoons of jam until soft.
8. If frozen remove the cheesecake from the freezer half an hour before serving. Turn out the cheesecake and drizzle with the fruit before serving.