– What did you do on your Bank Holiday Monday? I didn't have to go far!
– Ali K returns for a slot on 'This Morning' – and pic of Catherine at her party!
– Plus funny Dale Franklin blooper – making a mess with EasiYo!
First off – a couple of you wanted to see a pic of Catherine from last week's blog, looking lovely at her 40th party! Happy to oblige! I didn't want to steal her thunder – do go check out her own blog to find out what else happened! And thanks so much for caring! She looked absolutely fab, so did her lovely daughter Chrissie, and Ali K (see below about Ali's big ITV appearance this week!)
Bank Holiday fun
So what did you do on your day off? Did you actually have a day off?! I was working right through the weekend, my turn I guess! But still managed to get out in the afternoon – in between showers! – to visit the annual fayre in the nearby field in Wotton.
I love to look at the classic cars – I'll get one one day, but no idea which era to go for – 50s mobster or 30s vintage? What would you choose?
They did the usual, plants, cake stalls, bric-a-brac, some rides for the kids – and those raffle things where you can win a bottle of something if your ticket ends in a 0 or a 5. Didn't win – again! Despite two goes! But made up for it with a little – no, a TINY – nibble of something tasty in the tea room! Hope you enjoyed your day – what did you do? Any TiFFT's out there (Try it For The First Time Club)?
Ali Keenan back on 'This Morning'
Ali did so well this week when she appeared on 'This Morning' with Eamonn and Ruth, to plug the Breast Cancer Care event coming up on 3rd October – there are still tickets left and it'd be lovely if any of you fancied buying some – they've got quite a few left apparently! Many of us QVC presenters are going including me, Craigy and Debbie Greenwood.
– Loved the new 'Dalton Cosmetics' show this week too – did you? Doris is a crazy lady! But such an enjoyable and innovative range! Look out for the return of Laura Geller and her TSV on Monday too – will be fab value – another five-piece collection!
– Last few votes now, for the presenter bake-off! The results of who's recipe is the fave will be announced on the new 'The Baking Boutique' show on Sunday early afternoon – I'm lagging behind with my apple and walnut muffins, but I don't mind! If you haven't voted yet, go here. And see below for my recipe of the macrobiotic muffins - if you dare! Lol.
– Antthony and I had a riot on his return this week – it was such fun to be on with the lovely man – it's not like work when he's on air with me! And such lovely clothes too – made a couple more purchases! What designs of his would you like to see more of? For me it's the long length T's – cover up all the bits that need covering but still flattering! Lol! He's so clever!
He did like the peanut butter and jelly sarnies I presented him with during the final show too – he'd been craving them but the hotel didn't have any in stock apparently! Gave him the jar to take with him too on his trip to Cambridge then Paris!
He's back in November I think. But Kim from Kim & Co is back early next week – another one of my faves!
– Also managed to fit in making Sunday lunch for my lovely son Brad and his fab fiancée Kari. They're starting to sort out the details for their wedding next year now, and I must say it'll make me very proud to be a mother of the groom! Have you been one? This year? Let me know below how it felt! (or bride!)
– Marlene moment: Helen is doing very well with her macrobiotic journey and so are several other of you. Well done to Helen who's lost 8lb in three weeks and has twice been named slimmer of the week at her club in that time! After not losing any for AGES, she says! Well done you! Keep it up!
– AND FINALLY, Facebook funny for you – a joke doing the rounds this week – 'so I found the Essex lion – it was in the back of my wardrobe. I asked him what he was doing there and he said "Narnia business"…' hehehe!
WATCH – BLOOPER TIME! This week – I couldn't resist! – Dale made a bit of a boo-boo during the EasiYo hour – and also mentioned the new show that's coming up on Saturday nights in the run up to Christmas which he and I will take turns in hosting!
Do let me know what else you think should be in it! What's missing from QVC's line up do you think? Let me know by leaving a message below – it's easy by the way – just add your name (any name), your email (it's kept secret) and then write your message and press 'post' – easy! It's then checked by the blog team and published! Go for it – 'specially if you've never left me one before!
And as a little extra treat – here's a snippet from the 'Garden Glamour' show at the weekend! Got any better jokes? Let me know! Lol.
QVC – apart from the highlights as above, also looking forward to my first show with Kelly Hoppen on Tuesday 4th September at 10pm! Do you like her stuff? Don't forget to leave me a comment below – I love reading them! Then Wednesday I'm with Marie-Francoise at 10pm for the new Kipling TSV (if it lasts that long!), and Wednesday night into Thursday I'm also launching the brand new Zumba Exhiliarate DVD Today's Special Value – phew, it's all go!
Hope you can join me,
P.S. Here as promised is the recipe for the macrobiotic muffins – all from Marlene's book!
Macrobiotic Apple Walnut Muffins
- 1 cup of whole spelt flour
- 1 cup of white spelt flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of rice or soya milk
- 1 cup of brown rice syrup (available from health food stores or online)
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of baking oil
1. Preheat the oven to 155C/310F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Add the walnuts and apples.
4. In a jug or measuring cup, blend the wet ingredients, then add to the dry mixture, stirring gently.
5. Oil a muffin tray or line with muffin cases, and add a good tablespoon of mixture to each well/case.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and fluffy.