Today we are celebrating 10 years of Alpha-H's iconic Liquid Gold and here are a few things that you may not know about the beauty must-have. Enjoy!
1. From Bahrain to Biarritz, from Cape Town to Coventry, Liquid Gold is now so popular that Alpha-H sells one of its 100ml bottles every minute, of every hour, of every day globally!
2. Alpha-H may be owned and manufactured on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, but the name Liquid Gold has nothing to do with its geographical origins. When the founder, Michelle Doherty, was formulating the product she asked a beauty therapist colleague for her feedback on the prototype. And the response, after just one application was: "Michelle, it's amazing – it's like liquid gold!"
3. Famous for its speedy results, Liquid Gold smoothes and brightens your skin while you sleep. The secret is in the 5% glycolic acid; a natural fruit acid most commonly derived from sugar cane. Approximately 95% of Australia's sugar cane is grown in Queensland so we're pretty confident we can always keep you stocked with your Liquid Gold!
4. As anyone who's tried Liquid Gold will know, when you apply it to your skin at night it tingles momentarily. The reason is the low pH and by dropping the pH of your skin we make it work harder to reset itself. That's why your skin feels firmer in the morning, because it's literally had 'a workout'! So, while you sleep your skin works out… now if only the gym were that simple!
5. Fruit acids have been used in anti-ageing preparations for thousands of years by many different cultures. The Greeks and Romans are said to have used tartaric acid, in the form of grape juice, as a tonic to brighten their skin, whilst Cleopatra is said to have favoured milk baths containing lactic acid to cleanse and soften her skin. Fortunately with Liquid Gold, you won't need a tubful. Each individual application is roughly 5mls, which also makes it one of the most cost-effective anti-ageing products you'll ever use!
6. Liquid Gold contains liquorice root – also known as 'sweet root'; a legume plant native to Southern Europe, Australia and parts of Asia. Revered for its soothing properties, liquorice root also contains a compound called Glabridin, which brightens the skin, making it effective to improve the appearance of sun damage and pigmentation.
7. Liquid Gold isn't just for your face. Alpha-H therapists recommend it to their clients to use all over the body in-between waxing appointments or 24 hours after depilation. Reducing the build up of dead skin cells in those areas may also help reduce the incidence of problematic and in-grown hairs.
8. Try wiping over with Liquid Gold before applying your favourite deep cleansing mask. The natural fruits acids exfoliate dead skin cells and excess oil from the pores to help your clay mask draw out more impurities.
9. If you're fighting the good fight against ageing then don't forget your hands. Age spots are only a good look on antiques! Wipe over the back of your hands at night to keep them looking as young as your face!
10. Ever had a self-tanning disaster? If home bronzing should ever leave you looking more tangerine than tanned goddess then reach for the Liquid Gold especially for stained elbows, knees or ankles! Remember the motto: "Wipe ON the gold, wipe OFF the orange!"
View the full Alpha-H range